Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trip to Ethiopia: Update

I'm going to do famine relief. Long term training to help be prepared for the next drought with some cropping methods. I'm so glad to play such a role. But I'm also prepared for the chaos of drought/famine issues that might consume our time. Maybe I'll end up doing more medical than crop. God knows, I don't. But I'll be prepared, at least somewhat, for that.

In the last few days, details have continued to fall into place. Just thought I'd share a few with you:


  1. Tickets purchased. $100 less than expected. Thank you Lord for the break on tickets!

  2. Met up with my travel buddy Joe and most of his family.

  3. Happened to run into (you know I don't believe in coincidences, right?) a local lady who's a nurse. Ryan's their vet and I don't really know her. But I really know no stranger so I interrupted her and asked if she would teach me some medical stuff that might be useful to Dr. Jo. She agreed. I'm hoping to take a CPR course on Thursday and Friday afternoon.

  4. A few friends are doing FOVC fundraisers which warms my heart (and feeds families) and I'm so thankful.

  5. A friend emailed me asking if I needed any money for my October trip. I hate asking for money. She made my day!!!

And while things are falling into place, additional things still need to happen.



  1. I need to get Thursday and Friday afternoon off. Not usually a HUGE deal but considering that's my last two days in my current office (I start a new job on Monday), I kind of need to be tying up loose ends there.

  2. I have a busy, busy week. But I also need time to focus on FOVC and spend time with my priorities in the right places.

  3. Some trip details still are in the works.

  4. Things are ever changing in Ethiopia which can daily change how we go about things there.

But I serve a big God. And beyond that, I'll be serving along side some cool people. While I loved working along side my husband last time, he's trying to do some things state side for veterinary life there and will stay home with our kids. Which means one less thing I have to organize. So, any friends near by who want to feed my family while I'm gone in October, I'm sure Ryan would be up for it :)


Off to school open house I go...

2 comments:

  1. Does that mean God covered the $100 I offered? Come on, make a believer out of this agnostic. Oh, I guess I will still do as I promised. A check coming your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny SMF. I think God knew that whether or not you trusted Him to give away your birthday money, He knew that my expenses would be well above $100.

    And because He knows all things, he also knew that today I'd find out that FOVC paying any of my way MIGHT be a violation of ethics. I guess it's a good thing that FOVC gives to programs and not towards my expenses!!!

    And one last question, I'd be happy to help you believe but I wonder if you're open to that :) Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete