Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Animals of Shanto

Ryan just read me a brief facebook conversation with the Director of FOVC. "Dr. T" is a reference to Tuto, the guy that Ryan trained with some veterinary skills. I'm sure you'll find this conversation encouraging as you get a little glimpse of day to day issues that FOVC works with:

Ryan: Just checking in to see how Dr. T is doing. I know you are busy with 100 other things but I wanted to make sure he was doing okay and being the blessing that I'm sure he can be to the people and animals of Shanto.

FOVC Director, Desalegn:
Hi Ryan, Dr T is really working very good. He visits the animals and widows three times per week and he has a plan to contact you with some questions soon. I will translate his questions into English and send to you then.
The cows are very well. The widows are reporting that the cows are health and becoming bigger than expected due to the treatment which you provided in June.
I will come with some questions from Dr. T soon.
Thank you in advance and God bless you and your family.
Desalegn

Ryan also shared with me that Desalegn is mostly speaking to Tuto in English. Ryan encouraged Tuto to learn English (it's was pretty broken English when we were there in early June) so he can better communicate with and learn from Ryan and other veterinarians. Of course, we're glad to hear that Desalegn is helping Tuto improve English by speaking to him that way. I look forward to the day Tuto can be used as a translator as well as the local veterinarian in serving his own community!

No comments:

Post a Comment