Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's still shower time



If you haven't heard by now about Captain Murdock's/MB's shower, you should click on over to her blog and check it out: http://www.godwilladd.com/. A few friends are showering Murdock. But, it's not your traditional shower. This one is 100% going towards famine relief. All of your donation goes directly to FOVC's Feed Hope project.




Don't know much about FOVC, well I can tell you a little more about that in a sec, but first I want to share about Feed Hope. For just $13, you can feed one child for a month. We ate the bare minimum at DQ tonight and it was still $15. So, if you do the math $13/month x 4 months of the expected famine = $52. For $52, you could guarantee that a child will have enough to eat through the famine. Wow, that is amazing. Would you take this challenge and feed a child with a $52 dollar donation?


If you've been to my blog regularly, you've seen these faces. If you're new, let me introduce them to you. This is a woman named Abebech with her sons who are 10 and 8. I love this woman. We share a son together. His name is Judah. Abebech is one of the reasons I came into contact with FOVC. Simply put, I wanted to find an org that was working in the area of my son's birth. And voila, fifteen steps later, I connected with FOVC. Abebech is a widow earning a living - most of which goes towards the rent of her home in the background. She longs to provide for her children's needs. But with the increase in food prices in the last 6 months, and the affects of the famine, I'm not sure if those books will look so healthy come September. In fact, I pray nightly that they will survive. Vulnerable families like this one need our support. They need us to sacrifice our "wants" so that we can help provide for their basics "needs". Will you help?


As Murdock's shower winds down, will you jump on board and surprise her with a donation on behalf of the middle brother she's preparing to bring home? Stop by and let her know www.godwilladd.com and then go to www.fovc.org and donate. Thanks friends.


And because I'm going to ethiopia to serve during this Feed Hope relief project, you can bet that I'll be seeing first hand where your generous donation is going. And because I will be seeing it, I will also photograph it and share here!

No comments:

Post a Comment