Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fun_raiser

So, without me even knowing about it, a few of my friends pulled off a super successful fundraiser. It was fun. It raised money and awareness. I'm super greatful. In the last two weeks I've seen some pretty creative ideas for raising funds:


  • Baby shower - where all the gifts were financial donations to FOVC.

  • Rockin' Night - where local gal (who happens to be a surgeon, not a singer) rocked out to some fun songs and raised money. I assume they paid her to sing more, not to stop singing as they would do to me.

  • Selling some Ethiopian handi-and-art work.

What I'm saying is that you don't have to be a movie star or a millionaire to come up with a fundraiser to support FOVC's Feed Hope relief project. In fact, I'm horrible at fundraisers, I think. But my heart is there so I continue to try. And maybe you suck at singing like I do, but maybe they'd pay you big money to stop singing. Anyone want to give it a shot? Maybe not the stop-singing fundraiser but something else?



Monday night I emailed my childhood friend who happens to be the winemaker and owner of RamosTorres Winery. He's got a pretty sweet winery and tasting room. He hosts several events each year where you can taste his wines. I don't know if it will work for him to do a fundraiser but I thought it would be a great idea. Taste good wine, support RamosTorres Winery, bring awareness to FOVC and encourage people to support the FOVC Feed Hope relief project OR the Crops for Widows Project. It would be sweet. Don't ya think?



If you're from Kingsburg area, would you stop over to the RamosTorres facebook page and tell him that you would come to the fundraiser if I came to town????


(p.s. today is my dad's birthday and I'd love, love, love to tell him happy birthday in the same sentence I tell him that I'm coming home. Just sayin')

No comments:

Post a Comment