Monday, September 5, 2011

Beading with Bahe was a Blast

So when I was in Ethiopia this past summer I bought a bunch of beads. I thought I might use them at some point. Though I thought about keeping them to myself, I knewt they'd be great to use as a fundraiser for FOVC or my future involvement with them. I didn't know that my involvement would be this October.





I recently called my friend Bahe, the beading queen, and asked her to help me put a few necklaces together. Bahe was super generous and brought her tools and supplies over to help. We discussed what we wanted them to look like and eventually starting putting them together.


We even had a little helper.


We were so busy beading that we didn't take any pictures.

Except one.

In the hours Bahe was helping, we put together a few necklaces. And there are more to come. Some with glass beads, some with paper beads and some with an Ethiopian cross. I have some more to put together and in two weeks we'll have them finished up.



So, be ready to see them here. I will be selling them. All proceeds (which is 100% since I donated the beads) will go towards FOVC and/or my October trip. Be on the lookout.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! Love that necklace. I can't wait to see what the others looks like.

    - CORI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!!! I never went to that bead shop when we were in Ethiopia. May have to make a trip there next time :)

    ReplyDelete