Friday, April 15, 2011

Quick Update

I've heard that we're less than 7 weeks from travel. We're growing with excitement with each day. I thought I'd tell you a few things regarding our trip:

  1. There are 12 people going on this trip focusing on various areas: livestock and crops (that's us), teaching, water, medical, and more. The email string and facebook messages have been a fun way to get to know each other just a bit before we travel.

  2. Our airline tickets are purchased. We fly out on the 31st of May early in the morning. Thankfully, after our long flight to Addis Ababa, we won't be getting in a car and travelling hours South right away.

  3. I've been told the women are being chosen for the crops training. I still don't know what I'm going to be training them on specifically.

  4. Still having back problems. Improvement but not 100% yet. Borrowed a tens unit from a friend. It's electo-stimulation which calms the tense muscles in my back.

  5. Some of the different things that FOVC is raising funds for include wells and the orphanage. I'm pretty excited having recently heard that we'll see a new well in "progress". Not sure if that means it will be running or in the process of being drilled. Either way, that means enough people have donated towards a well project because they see the value of people and choose to treat others as they want to be treated. So, thank you to those who've donated to such a worthy cause.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I could have put together my thoughts in a better way but it's been a long week and I'm tired.


If you'd like to read more about what FOVC is up to, check out their blog here: http://www.fovc.org/fovc-blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment