Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FOVC Update

Well, we just sent off the check that should take care of the rest of our in-country travel expenses for Ethiopia. Feels so good to have that done and taken care of. Again, thanks so much to those who've donated. One particular family has donated 3 times towards the FOVC seed project. You rock my socks off!

In other news, I'm still not sure what exactly I'll be doing. I read Desalegn's (guy who runs FOVC) Crops for Widows Project proposal the other night. He's an amazing dude and is a gifted visionary. I look forward to sharing more of that with you all. We had a brief FB chat last night and then I followed it with an email of questions to him about the crops. So, hopefully I hear back from him fairly soon on that.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with our team. Lory, Dr. Jo, Denise, and Rick, please don't be suprised if I hug you when I meet you the first time. So excited. And you guys will love Ryan. He's amazingly smart although quiet when he doesn't know people.

Donations are coming in. Although one big one is missing. Kaight and her friends sewed 85 dresses for the girls in Shanto, etc. She mailed them from Vermont on the 14th. They still haven't arrived here. 12 days later. Not sure why. So, if you're the praying type, please pray that those things show up in the next few days. I know, we don't need them to be here much before we travel, but it really would calm Kaight and my nerves if they did. *edited to add that Kaight's dresses showed up today. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment