Wednesday, April 27, 2011

87 dresses

Isn't that a movie title? Well, today I received a package in the mail of 86 dresses. And a precious note came with it.

Kaight is the mastermind behind the dresses. I wish she blogged. Kaight, you need a blog :P

Kaight emailed me early on in this FOVC trip process. She committed to sponsoring us financially. I didn't know Kaight except for the facts that she was adopting twins through the same agency as me and that I loved how she spelled her name. That's it. But she saw the value in FOVC and supporting people in the area her children were born in. Thanks Kaight.

A few days later I got another email from Kaight. She had been to Ethiopia to meet the twins and was waiting to go back to get them. Waiting stinks. Kaight and some friends at church were wanting to do something while they waited. So, she suggested making the pillow case dresses for FOVC. I told her that I'd be happy to take them to Ethiopia. She thought they could make 20 dresses.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email on the 15th that said she'd mailed 86 dresses. Very cool Kaight and friends. Her note explains (and I hope I repeat this correctly since I'm too lazy to get up and grab the letter out of my purse) that her mom made some of the dresses and then some of the older ladies in church made the rest. How cool is that??!?!

Six months ago when FOVC wasn't on my radar screen, a friend of mine from church suggested we make the dresses. I thought it would be fun. Still haven't managed to make any. This just might be my encouragement to do so... after I return in June.

Thanks Kaight for organizing, sewing and mailing. FOVC recently began work in 2 more communities. My guess is the dresses will end up there. Suh-weet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment