Monday, October 18, 2010

Small Gathering

You might have already read about it on Becky's blog or on Tesi's blog, but I wanted to share briefly too. Last Saturday, a hand full of families met at a quiet little park in Waterloo to hang out. I had a great time meeting people who's blogs I'd read, seeing families I'd prayed for while they were in the adoption process, and seeing other beautiful Ethiopian children laugh and play with their families.

Much to my own surprise, I left my little cannon side-kick at home (yes, it was a slight bit chaotic before I left home that day) that day. So, I'm sharing with you a few pics from Tesi and Becky:


(don't miss a certain little boy who didn't think he made the picture... did you find him?)

It was a small group but as you can see all of us had a few kids to bring along. I'm looking forward to hanging out again sometime. Anyone want to plan a gathering in a few months???

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you from Tesi...would love to join your group in your next get-together. We are in central Iowa. My email is Laurajoy63@yahoo.com and you can check out our family at olsenfamilytree.blogspot.com. Your Judah is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara, we are just starting an orphan care ministry at our church. If you want to bounce some ideas of me, I'm all ears.
    One thing we have learned is that most people at our church are more interested in being involved in helping foster care kids and families in our community! So I am learning all about the need there. At least it's a start : )

    ReplyDelete