Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayer Request - COURT DATE

On Monday, March 1st, (which on our time means Sunday night while we sleep) we have a scheduled court hearing. We'd appreciate if you would lift this up in prayer.

Some background and info related to the court hearing:
  • Our agency tells us to expect at least two court dates.
  • Sometimes court cases aren't heard because of no electricity (this is a 3rd world country), over scheduled docket, etc.
  • Sometimes people don't pass court because of little, but important, details like birth dates, signatures, etc.
  • Approximately 8 weeks after passing court, we would travel to pick up our son.

I have been specifically praying that we (and others that day) will pass court the first time. With that, I've also began praying for the financial and schedule side of things that would allow Kara Hanson to travel with us so that she can document and share about orphans via her camera lense.

Will you pray with us? Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara,

    I came across your post while on the HoltEthiopiaFamilies forum. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and the court date on March 1st. I'm also encouraged by your faith and trust in God. What you said here in your blog also struck me, "The thing I cling to is that we're on God's schedule and He loves and cares for the orphans so I don't need to worry with all the details." This statement encourages me, as my husband and I wait to be matched with our son in Ethiopia. ;-)

    Blessings to you and your family,
    Rosana Alvarado

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's MONDAY!!! YAY! I will DEFINITELY be praying for a PASS the 1st time around. Oh yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying along with all the rest!
    It does seem like many more are passing court the first time lately though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crossing my fingers for LOTS of passes on the 1st date!!!

    ReplyDelete