Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Referral Paperwork

We've had our referral since Dec 2nd, I think, and the official paperwork a week or so later. In the referral paperwork, we had to sign to accept the referral, fill out some travel paperwork, and pay the rest of our fees ($13,980). It doesn't take that long to take care of those documents but since I knew I would be getting my certifications soon in the mail, I just figured I'd mail back the referral documents with my dossier papers.

On Christmas Eve, we received a lovely phone call from our social worker, Fred. We like Fred. In the midst of trying to prepare a meal with a kid hanging from my pants, I answered the phone and had a brief conversation with Fred. He called to wish us a merry Christmas but also asked us about our referral. I apologized for not getting the referral back next day like some others have done. I told him of our plans to of course accept the referral and send it in with the dossier papers.

Now that we had the dossier all put together, I had to look at the referral paperwork again. Yikes, it needs tobe notarized. A late lunch today would take care of that, right? Wrong. Of course Ryan has to sign the paperwork too which means we have to stand together in front of the notary. The bank would be closing in 30 minutes, there was no way Ryan could get to town that fast, assuming he wasn't performing a surgery or working cattle.

You've waited a month to send this in, one more day won't hurt, I thought. That was true but I still had in my mind to get it done today on my lunch. Now I've killed my lunch break and still haven't mailed the dossier or referral back. Oh my.

In comes Rhonda to save the day. My sweet friend happens to be a notary. And she worked her schedule around ours so that we could get the document notarized today and in the mail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment