Tuesday, January 5, 2010

state certifications

I requested the state certifications for our notaries during the week of Christmas. Kathy at the office in Des Moines informed me that they would be sent out the next day. With anticipation, I checked the mail daily (for those who know me, I don't usually ever bother) so that I could grab out the certifications all while enjoying a few Christmas cards. It never came. Each day I thought I should just have a little more patience and didn't call to bother the Secretary of State's office. I even peeked through a few piles of Christmas cards to double check. Finally Monday, I emailed my new contact in the SoS office. She informed me on Tuesday morning that the information had been sent out on Dec 22nd.

Okay Lord, I thought. Either I'm way to busy, or I really do have Brownies in my house stealing things... my phone charger, my watch, a copy of our dossier, and now my certification papers??? Is this satan and his devilish little games?

I called Ryan and left him a voicemail sharing my frustration and the need to comb through the house for the info. I also called my friend who happens to be our mail carrier to vent my frustration. Unless they mailed it certified, she said, you won't be able to track it.

Needless to say, that night Ryan found it in the one stack of cards I didn't go through. The stack that I sat down at the top of the stairs and just knew that it wasn't in. Thank you honey! We know have, er, have had for almost two weeks the certifications that will complete our dossier paperwork

No comments:

Post a Comment