Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Trip Planning: Fundraising

Ingrid, our trip leader, has been doing planning for some time.  Besides asking for time off work, I haven't done much with planning. With 2012 officially out the window, I better get focused.  These next few months are busy in our personal lives with birthdays and my all-time favorite, Sweetheart Supper.  Without dragging on forever, here's the deal.

Ryan and I are travelling together so we have double the expenses which amount to the following:
$3,600 for airline tickets (which can vary)
$2,800 in-country fees which includes food, hotel, travel to the South
$1,000 project costs

The above are estimates.  I'm guestimating a cost for Ryan to do an outreach project to the entire Shanto community, not just those involved with FOVC-Ethiopia.  Through Children's Hope Chest, there is a budget for the animal husbandry project.  However, as we currently understand it, we can't officially start the project until we raise the complete funds for the animal husbandry project.  Because I despise asking people for help, and because we need to raise money for our own expenses, I thought trying to raise $30k to finish off the animal husbandry project might be asking a lot.  With that said, I know that I serve a BIG God who can provide that $30k through people... I'm just not ready to ask for that.

Ryan and currently have a little over $3,000 for the trip.  If you're willing and able to help us along financially, we'd appreciate it.  The following is a link for secure donation plus some important info that assures your donation can go to our trip:


REAL IMPORTANT!!  You need to enter the trip ID which is ET130301T and in the memo line you need to say "donation for Tamara".  Hope Chest is working with 1,000's of people.  It's important to label stuff.


1 comment: