Thursday, December 27, 2012

Made my day + trip update

Today was another great day.  In my little adoption circle of friends, I heard fun news.  Some connecting back to Ethiopia, some starting to adopt again, some getting ready to travel, and one couple donating to our trip.  So glad for all those things!

Made my Day.

That's it.

Okay, you know me, I can't keep it that short so I'll share quick that Ryan and I have turned in our applications for the March trip and paid our deposit.  I'm looking forward to the small team that will be travelling together.  We're waiting to hear back from Hope Chest about Ryan doing work there.  Hope Chest doesn't start projects until all their funds are raised.  We have ~$30k to raise before the animal husbandry project is initiated by Hope Chest.  I've been praying that Ryan's skills will be put to use - that Hope Chest will support Ryan doing some livestock care, that we can raise funds personally to pull off some small community-wide livestock related medical clinics, or that we can raise the ~$30k to fund the project.  Big prayers, I know.  But I also know that I serve a BIG God.  Did I say I'm looking forward to our team travelling???

No comments:

Post a Comment