Sunday, October 28, 2012

it's okay

I'm getting excited for Ethiopia.  At the same time, a commitment to serve in Ethiopia is difficult.  It was my plan for us to return to California as a family in 2013, 5 years after our last family trip.  I was hoping for a long weekend getaway with Ryan.  Those are things we can't make happen when we're invested in Ethiopia.  I spoke to my dad tonight.  He's coming out to visit for Christmas.  I'm so thankful.  It's been over a year since he's seen the kids and since we're not getting out there, I'm so thankful he's coming out here.  It stinks that my kids don't really know their cousins and other family in California.  It's sad that I can't sit at my grandma's bed side when she falls and breaks her hip and has surgery like last week.  In that sadness, I continue to thank God for choosing us to play a small part in Ethiopia.  In that sadness, I continue to ask God to use us to be the hands and feet as we seek to serve the widows and the orphans.  

This week is the first team conference call.  I'm looking forward to meeting the others over the phone and hearing a little more about what we're doing.  I don't yet know a lot of specifics on the schedule, locations, etc.  In the next 4 weeks life will be busy, both of our work environments will get busier and more hectic, holidays will be on the door step, followed by dermatologist appointments (for my itching skin) and then leaving for Ethiopia.  I'm trying to be well rested... we'll see how that goes in the coming 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment