Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Where There is No Comfort

I read a short and well written book today called "Where There is No Comfort" by Juliann Trai. She went to Southern Ethiopia with an organization called International Crisis Aid with the intent of sharing their story. She shared well in her 80 page book about the seven days she was in Ethiopia. Many of her experiences were things we experienced on our first trip. And when I googled the town that ICA is working, it was about 40 minutes from Shanto where we work with FOVC. For those in the Holt adoption world, it was pretty much smack dab between Durame and Hossanna.

I love how this book told the story but didn't drag out the details. I love how it captivates you and makes you want to know more. I love how you get the picture of what ICA's mission is like. Reading the book and looking at the pictures made me want to put my experiences with FOVC down in a more detailed and specific space. While I've kept up this blog and my awesome hubby had it printed for me, there's not a specific place where you can get an overview of it all. I should do that.

If you're interested in reading more of her book, it can be found on amazon. The cost of the book was the only bad part about it. Except that it's not truly BAD. It's just more than I like to pay for a book. Granted, I'm guessing, yes guessing, that part of the proceeds go back to the ICA ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment