Monday, April 2, 2012

Help me Help Kaight Help FOVC

Wow, that's about a tongue twister, isn't it?

My friend Kate and her husband, Rob, have hearts like mine. She desires to help keep families together in Southern Ethiopia and is partnering with FOVC. They desired to raise enough money to dig a new well in one of FOVC's communities AND to raise money to bring more widows into the crops program. Friends, Kaight and Rob are well [pun intended] on their way to meeting their goal. As of this morning, Rob and Kaight's efforts have raised $10,246.

The first $10,000 goes towards digging a new well. The next $5,000 of their goal goes towards the crops for widows program. I have no doubt that my friends will meet their goal. After all the first $10k was raised in 47 days. I'm so excited to see people believe in and support FOVC. I'm so thankful for how they're partnering with FOVC to raise awareness and funds. There's another important component to all of this.

It's more than raising a ton of money and throwing it at needy people. FOVC's programs continue to flourish with the assistance of people who care to get involved. To train, educate, and give hope to communities where they have none of those things. People like me. People like Ryan. We're partnering with FOVC to bring that training, education and support. But, we can't do it alone. While we volunteer our time and talents, our financial talents do get limited.

Ryan can treat all the FOVC livestock and outreach into the community to treat their livestock as well. I can teach the widows various management and cropping techniques to help them grow food during a drought, etc. But both of our efforts come with a financial cost as well. We're average people with an average income. Travelling to Ethiopia twice a year doesn't come without a cost. So, today I humbly ask you to help us as we help Kaight as she desire to help FOVC.

If you're willing to donate $5, $10, or $100, you can mail us a check or donate online here http://www.acharityproject.com/f/Buit

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamara,

    Linked to you through Semi Feral Mama. I want a necklace for a special someone. How do I go about getting one? I know it's probably fully explained here somewhere, but you might have to just make it easy and send me your address.

    here's my email: cpmark@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete