Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birth Parent Meeting

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that meeting #1 with Judah's birth mother didn't go so hot. It has slightly improved each of the two times I've seen her since. With the pictures I've seen lately of the Shanto area, the lack of rain is impacting EVERYONE there, including Judah's bio family.

As I prepare to go back to FOVC to serve, my Ethiopian family comes to mind. For those of you who've adopted, or just want to share your opinion, please help me think through what I hope and pray is my next meeting with Judah's birth mom. What questions would you ask her and the boys? Would it be ethical/appropriate for me to take them for the day and just spend the day with them? I would never want to jeopardize adoptions or cause any problems in her village, but I do want them to know that I love them and want to spend time getting to know them. Maybe, just maybe, she'll open up to me.

1 comment: