Monday, March 12, 2012

... And Back... love that!

I have already kinda-sorta mentioned a return trip to Ethiopia in June. It's happening. I'm excited. We have a lot of plans to make and details to work out in the coming weeks.

As we think about the specific things we have in mind for the trip, the purpose isn't set in stone 100%. The sponsorship coordinator, Ingrid, will do her thing. The veterinarian, my hubby, will do his thing. I'll play with the kids and sweet talk them into braiding my hair. Okay, I'll probably do more than that. In fact, I'm hoping to get a drip irrigation system and water catchment system set up on the compound, plus see the coffee tree production site, plus help the bee guru, Gregg, get the bee project off the ground. That last item might not require much from me but I'll be sure to take pictures :) We're also hoping to do some medical work but I'll leave those details up to Doctor Jo, my sweet friend whom I miss dearly, and those medical professionals that will say "here I am, take me".

How could you be used on this trip?

That's the question I'm trying to answer. I have a few friends that I'd love to take along. I know they'd be helpful. I know that even if they didn't have a super specific job, that they would be blessed just by being there, seeing the kids, loving on the kids, encouraging the staff, etc.

My mind is running like crazy about all things FOVC and Shanto related now... yippee! More posts to come in the next few days about all the things running through my little mind.

Here I am Lord, send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment