Thursday, September 29, 2011

Puzzle Pieces

Today, I was blown away when Lory called me to tell me she'd received a check for $1050 with my name on it. Seriously, I was amazed. I had yet to tell anyone, except maybe my husband, that my in-country expenses for my October trip are $1046. Thank you God for how you provide and encourage me.

While it would be nice to have my in-country expenses paid for, it was intended to pay that. And I love how intentional the gift was! I called the gift giver's wife and learned that the $1050 gift was for 150 puzzle pieces. I'm thrilled for multiple reasons:


  • I was secretly a little bummed that I'd sold very few puzzle pieces.

  • Of this gift, $700 goes towards feeding people during the famine - approximately 54 kids for one month. Thanks dear friends for feeding God's precious created children.

  • $350 goes towards my travel expenses which will be close to $2600. Thanks friends for helping shoulder those expenses for me.

I have put it on my to do list to start piecing all those pieces together for the puzzle. Thanks friends. For those who are interested, there's 345 tickets left to be purchased :)

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news!
    "The important thing is that in every way... Christ is preached!" Phil. 1: 18
    Be encouraged- God can provide for both needs.

    ReplyDelete