Saturday, August 20, 2011

Didn't get it done

 I know my post yesterday said that I'd get a more specific post up today.  But as you could see, that didn't happen.  Instead, I did dishes, folded laundry, met up with my travel partner, Joe, for the Ethiopia trip, listened to an audiobook with my kids, played at two different parks with the kids, fixed a dish for a church potluck, bathed and tucked a few kids in bed, prayed for a particular child who's naughty A LOT, and finally crashed on the couch while I chatted with Megan for a few minutes on facebook.
 
Megan, you are so sweet!  One of these days I hope we cross paths in real life.
 
As I mentioned earlier, Joe will be my travel partner to Ethiopia.  I'm so, so thankful for his willingness to step up to the plate and help me with this all important crops stuff.  I will tell you more about him later.  But for now, I just wanted to put a shout out to the many people who are partnering with us in this venture to serve along side FOVC.  To those who pray, donate, encourage, travel, provide helpful information, give us a deal on supplies, etc, I am so thankful for you.  Seriously thankful.
 
Tomorrow I'm heading to central Iowa for kids' doctor appointments.  But I really hope that I get to talk to someone who doesn't know about FOVC's work in Ethiopia who would be interested in knowing more.  Oh Lord, would you use me to bring awareness to the thousands of people dying in the horn of Africa.  And Father, as my heart continues to ache wondering what Judah's family is facing, would you continue to give them hope for a future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment