Saturday, July 9, 2011

More on 4th of July Fun

So I've told you about my amazing travel group and how half of us were together for the 4th of July weekend. But I didn't talk much about it cause I was super exhausted when I posted. I am now too but we'll see how this goes. Here's a few more pics and maybe some stories to go with them.

This little fire-cracker, well, she belongs to me. You can't really see the auburn-reddish hair but it's there. More than once people have referred to her as a fire-cracker. Which is funny cause when Ryan met some classmates at my 10-year reunion, one of them said "oh T is your wife? She's a fire-cracker!" Anyway, she was full of energy all weekend with her curly hair, glow in the dark necklace and juice-box after juice box of sugar. I was too tired on Sunday night to do the fireworks and so we let the kids do the sparklers and called it good. All except for Scott. He was too busy catching "nature's fireworks" as he called the lightning bugs.


Guess which one is my little Dutch burrito. Yes, he needs some sunshine. Sorry Dad, he doesn't take after you at all does he? Here the kids are doing who knows what after/while playing in the kid wash. I forgot the shampoo though. Next time.
Sleepovers are always fun as kids. First thing in the morning Scott's ready to read. B agrees to read to him. My son is a smart little whip so he and B read the story together: I tried everything possible to avoid any and all TV for the weekend. Sometimes I gave in though.




This is one of my fav's of the weekend. I was waiting for K to post two pics. I'll still wait for one, cause it's super cool but I'm sharing this one of her hubby and daughter. They are precious. Quiet. Solitude. Who knew such a thing was possible in a group of 20!







For the most part, we're all super experienced mom's and dad's. Not everyone is used to having 3 kids tug on them at once like we are. Which is why A did amazingly well here. Looks like he was keeping all three boys swinging. A, I think you and M are ready for twins. Make that triplets.

Thanks again everyone for coming. We had a great time. Maybe we should meet twice a year. Farther South in January sounds good to me. And for those who want to be honorary group 8ers, let us know. We'll love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment