Sunday, July 10, 2011

Love Them

These are 3 staff that I grew to love in my time in Ethiopia.

T. Not sure that anyone knows how to spell his real name. But an amazing guy. With amazing strength. A big heart. A big smile. The heart of a servant. A volunteer. An employee of FOVC. A well deserving man. He also happened to be the man who Ryan took under his wing to train in veterinary skills. And he happened to be the one who found our birth mom and then took us back to her the next day. We love you T.

My Elesa. I met her the first day in Soddo. Her words broke my heart. I couldn't imagine the grief she was enduring. Younger than me. Beautiful. Cares for the children. FOVC employee. Quiet but strong. Dependable. Elesa, I look forward to seeing you again soon. I love you.

Desalegn, a man with a big, big heart. Younger than me but wiser than me. I was warned about you Desalegn. Thank you for caring for the least of these. Thank you for letting us serve with you for a short period while you and your staff do so daily. We love you Desalegn!






You guys are doing amazing work to serve the orphans, the widows and the oppressed. You and the remaining staff are the back bone of FOVC.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog again. Wanted to see how the trip was! I am DYING to hear about our sponsored child...and hopefully my hubs and I will be traveling to ET and to Shanto at the end of the year or next year...! great pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete