Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Year Later



One year ago, we had recently passed court and were anxiously awaiting news to travel to get our son. Travel group 8 had all been notified that they were going on Friday. On Monday I chatted with Shonda from www.godwilladd.com. She encouraged me by telling me there was still a chance we could be called cause one family had backed out. Hours later, I refreshed my email one last time before leaving for the day. It was shortly after 5 and on my screen appeared the news from Holt I'd been waiting for. We would be travelling with Shonda and Jamey to get our son from Ethiopia. That was exactly one year ago.


About that same time we were selling raffle tickets for a quilt being made by my mom. It was a huge project and huge labor of love for Grammy. There was lots of washing, pressing, piecing, more pressing, and quilting done on this beautiful quilt each night after her daycare kids were gone. Pictured here is Judah in front of the quilt that was raffled to help bring him home. Thanks Grammy for making the quilt and sharing the picture. Thanks to those who purchased tickets. To the lady who won the quilt, if you ever decide to get rid of it, please let me know first :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a difference a year makes! So happy for your family and beautiful Judah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I remember that week well. I was so pumped and so glad you got your travel papers too. Looking forward to that adrenaline surge again (hopefully sooner rather than later)

    ReplyDelete