Sunday, March 13, 2011

God's Affirmations

God continues to affirm that this trip is exactly where He wants me to be. Just the other day, I was telling Lory that I was nervous about raising that much money in such a short period of time for a trip to Ethiopia. But I also acknowledged that the money was not impossible for God. Five hours later I got a phone call from someone who had no clue what I was up to. Without going into the details of it, this person hasn't yet partnered with us but may be interested in doing so. I was so glad and encouraged with that phone call. I would love for them to partner with me and with the widows but even if he doesn't, it was just nice knowing that God is putting people in my path so that I can plant seeds regarding this project and this trip.

The other night when after spending hours on the computer preparing for my role, I was getting worried about it again. I refreshed my email one more time before heading to bed. I had a new email from a dear friend. She would love to go along but since she can't, she wanted to partner with us anyway and committed to a large financial gift. Thank you God for continuing to show me that you're in charge; that I need to leave this in Your hands. Help me to trust, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment