Saturday, January 8, 2011

hangin' with our travel buddies

Living life with your travel buddies is wonderful, amazing. It was great to connect a couple of our families. We at supper, snuggled kids to bed and then stayed up way to late talking about adoption. Our time has been perfect.

One problem though. I didn't sleep well and decided that we can no longer talk about various adoption related topics. I stressfully dreamt about trying to frantically come up with money for future adoptions. Then I woke up and lay there thinking about adoptions and enduring a cold with a kleenex in hand. Do we adopt again? Where would we get the money? Do I really trust God to provide? At some point I fell back asleep on my halfway aired up mattress and when I woke back up, I decided that tonights conversations needed to be mindless.

Meanwhile on another floor of the house, my dear friend wasn't sleeping either. Multiple family members were sick. I think when Shonda wrote here about her raw deal, she thought this was a single puking incident. Apparently that wasn't so.

I went upstairs to two amazing guys who had taken over. Ryan was making baked oatmeal for breakfast and Travis was entertaining guests, taking care of kids and being on call for his wife. Sadly, we had to cancel our little KC Ethiopia family get together which is a major bummer.

But now, several hours later and a quiet house while kids pretend to nap upstairs, our gracious hostess is chilling on the couch while I got distracted from my 90-day bible on blog updates.

Guess I better get back to my reading so when the kids are awake I can chase them around some more. Rather than a Ganna celebration tonight, we'll be having home-made pizza on the grill. It's one of our favorites to eat. And hopefully that camera sitting on top of the tv stand will get some action tonight!

with much love from a snot-nosed, no longer puking bunch of friends!

tamara b

No comments:

Post a Comment