Friday, December 31, 2010

Kisses

I love stay-at-home days. I love being home with my family playing games, preparing meals, sleeping in. There’s no doubt that extra time with my kids usually brings an interesting new story. Because I’m still 10 days behind on my 90-day reading, I’ll share a quick story:

After meals, if the kids have done a good job of eating, we allow them to get a candy out of the jar-o-sugar. Judah was still at the table so I grabbed him a Hershey kiss and set it before him on the table and turned around back to finish cleaning the spaghetti off of Bethany’s mouth and hands. A few moments later when I went back to Judah to get him cleaned up, he was still sitting at the table. When I pulled his chair out to get him down, he pointed to his mouth and said “food”. How can the child still be chewing a hershey kiss? My kids waste no time eating candy. As I peeked into his mouth, I found what he was chewing on. Poor kid, no one had told him to unwrap the kiss first so he’d put the whole thing in his mouth! Judah was chewing on tinfoil and trying to finish that candy. I wonder what he was thinking? Was he thinking it was good, or horrible or hard to chew? Good thing he doesn’t have fillings! I scraped the candy wrapping out of his teeth and off his tongue the best I could all while laughing at the situation. Sure, Judah has been home almost 8 months and has adjusted really well, but he certainly doesn’t understand everything yet!

1 comment: