Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Post-Adoption Visit #2

We just had our second post-adoption home visit with our social worker. I’ve got varying opinions on that in itself but that’s not the point of this post. I learned from this visit that two months ago I mailed our SW the report and pictures that I didn’t have ready the day he was here for our first visit and it didn’t show up at his house until a week ago. Seriously? What’s up with that? That explains why this week the staff from the Midwest office called to explain that two of the pictures weren’t appropriate. I wondered why it was taking them 2 months to deal with that issue. So today when I was missing the family picture (because we don’t have any recent family pics) and my SW told me to mail it to him, I was a little apprehensive. Do you think that if I put it in the mail tomorrow, it will show up on Friday like it should or in October sometime?

This brief post makes me think of two other things I’d like to post about:
1. The differences between Holt social workers
2. The pre-adoption education and post-adoption services offered by Holt staff.
Keep a look out for those topics.

1 comment: