Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What to Do

As we're anticipating news of travel in the next month, there's lots that needs to be done. The kids rooms are done and organized (with the exception of taking out a few little odds and ends from when Bethany was a baby). The will should be done this week which takes care of our financial and child rearing should something happen to us. Insurance can't be taken care of until we have the adoption decree which Holt is telling me I'll have when I get to Ethiopia. I still have a list of things to do:
  • Meet with the trustees of our estate to explain again our wishes.
  • Write a letter to be attached to the will and trust paperwork.
  • Buy skin care products for Judah.
  • Talk to a few medical friends I have to see if they'll donate supplies.
  • Finish the journey bags for Ghana.
  • Finish my own little journey bag for Ethiopia.
  • Write a letter for Judah's family.
  • Crash course in Amharic from Denise.

I'm anxious to get oru son. At the same time, I'm just enjoying God's timing and working on living out the verse that says to be anxious about nothing but to be prayerful about all things. There's some chatter on the yahoo board about getting enough notice for the trip. Two weeks isn't a lot of time to plan but this is international adoption we're dealing with. I've been telling myself all along that we won't get more than two weeks notice. We won't be surprised if it's less either. Eventually we'll buy tickets and fly to Ethiopia and bring our son home!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lots to do...good luck as you get things organized and ready for traveling! Let me know if you have any questions.

    Thanks for all your supportive words and encouragement throughout our adoption!

    ReplyDelete