Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My random thoughts...

Last Saturday I sat in the floor staring at Judah's clothes, wondering if the updated measurements were right. I picked up a hand full of 3t clothes. Will these fit I wondered. What about those cute little jammies I bought him that are 2t? What about that cute little tshirt I bought him that says "daddy is my hero" that is also 2t? Did I waste my money?

Okay, really, does it matter? I mean, we're about to go get our son. Who really cares if he gets to wear the clothes I bought or not! For real, what matters is that we're going to get him.

So, I picked back up the 3t clothes that I've decided to pack. Wow. I have no 3t pants that were Scott's. Where did they go? Good thing I bought some for Judah on my last shopping trip. Should I bring a couple pair of 2t just in case? I can always give them away?

Tshirts are easy. They can be a little sloppy and it will be fine. Pants, they kinda need to stay up. I had made up my mind that we'd take 3t and cinch them up good. Well, since the new pants I bought aren't the cinh up type, I'm not sure how this will all work.

My goal is to pack light. Do you think I'll accomplish that?

3 comments:

  1. I would pack at least one or 2 pair of 2T pants, you can always give them away to the care center, and one pair wont take up that much room. Sam's measurements were way off (he was 18 pounds, and they said he was 25), and we were so glad we brought a few smaller clothes (he was in 12 months clothes at 17 months, and still is at 20 months).
    We gave away all the bigger clothes and diapers.
    Feel free to ignore my advice as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to chime in as well... I would definitely pack some 2T's. We were told Ty was 29 lbs and 35 inches. At his first dr visit the week after returning home he weighed 21 lbs and was 31 inches. He's currently wearing 18mo pants and 24mo-2T shirts. He turned 2 on March 26th, so I'm thinking they are about the same age??
    Definitely agree, packing light is wise... they will do your laundry super quick and cheap!
    Happy packing!
    Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... you are KILLING me liking my husband's shirt more!! LOL
    Glad you like one of them though!
    Let me know if I can send them before you guys leave. I will give you a deal on multiples if you want.

    ReplyDelete