Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things to Do:

The picture on my home-made calendar this month shows 4 pictures: the ethiopian flag, a map of Ethiopia, a picture of a common tree there, and a picture of packed bags ready to go. This picture has me thinking about all the things I need to take care of before we go. Things that I can't wait to do after we get our travel plans... since I do expect to pass court on Thursday.

I have a page in my journal for questions about our little boy. The page has become a catch all for things related to our adoption in general. I'm thinking I need a seperate journal for adoption stuff. Anyway, a couple of things on my list, in no particular order, include:
  • Asking the doctor about an Rx for green snotty nose and ear infection issues, and also for potential blowout diapers issues.
  • Pack pedialyte single packets.
  • Make a photo book for A's birth mom. Find a gift for her - I'm thinking about a heart locket with his picture.
  • Pack a mini magnadoodle, hotwheels cars and other toys.
  • Find someone to keep our kids while gone.
  • Write out schedule and details related to the kids.
  • Will needs to be done just in case.
  • Request and gather donations.
  • SAVE money
  • Get money exchanged.

I know there are a ton of things I'll need to have done. What else should I add to my list?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on top of things!
    Don't get $$$ exchanged until you are in ET. You will get a better rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that one of the families in our travel group (Feb. 2010) brought a locket and Holt wouldn't allow them to give it to the birth mom. Photo albums only. Don't want you to take all that time and then be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete