Tuesday, February 2, 2010

USCIS Update

Have a I mentioned that I love Amy at our local USCIS office. I emailed her after this post and here's what I learned.

You can indeed change your appointment. From what I understand, the earliest an appointment can be scheduled after they receive my request to change is 2 weeks out. Two weeks out wouldn't be bad IF their schedule is completely open then. Doubt it.

Option #2 was to come any Wednesday after our scheduled appointment and be a walk-in. No horrendous waiting. Just the normal 10-15 minute wait, at the most.

Since option #2 works for us, we will be heading down on the 24th for our appointment. Ryan has it in the books at work that he's taking off. I have told my boss here. Without an official appointment for that day, we do have our official invite.

Now if only I can remember to take that "invite" document with us like she said to do.

Thanks Amy. You are a gem to work with!

1 comment:

  1. We did our fingerprint redos on Wednesdays over our lunch break - the first time there was nobody else there waiting. This last time (in December), there were two other couples that came in right after us. You should be able to get in and out fairly quickly, especially if you don't go at 8am.

    ReplyDelete