Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No Biometrics Today

Today was our scheduled appt with USCIS for fingerprinting - part of our request to the US government to bring an orphan home. Two weeks back I was a little frustrated that we wouldn't be able to make our scheduled appt but totally understood.

Now that we have a court date in just two weeks, I'm wishing I had that extra 7 days to get approval from the government. I wonder how long its been taking for people to get approved??? It would stink if this approval is what holds us back from getting to travel earlier to get our little boy.

I'm still praying for passing court on March 1st. Now I'm also praying that our orphan petition approval comes back lightning fast. I know our little guy is being taken care of by Holt staff but I just wish he didn't have to be in the orphanage for so long!

Lord, would you grant us good weather, safe travels, and successful fingerprinting next Wednesday as we head to Des Moines. We're trusting in You Father and in Your perfect timing!

4 comments:

  1. Our fingerprinting appt was Feb 5 and our approval letter came about a week to ten days later (we were on vacation so not sure exactly when). Anyway, it came much faster than I expected. Hopefully it will be a non-issue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopeful for you...that you will get a speedy approval like Shonda. Ours wasn't too bad...we got our last document support to them in late January...and got our I-171H in the mail on 2/11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't gotten any appointment yet so I'm guessing they're waiting on our homestudy. I hope it goes fast for you guys!!! I know that is nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our fingerprinting done in early February and I believe we had our I-600A approval by the following week. It was fast. Hang in there. Will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete