Thursday, January 21, 2010

i600a application

I've had lots on my mind to post in the last week. I've chosen to remain quiet and spend some time focusing on and praying for the Haitian's following the earthquake and those here in the US who are affected by it.



Until today. I have no HUGE news or anything though. Just regular 'ol news on the adoption front.

Last Friday I got a letter from USCIS (that's Customs and Immigration). It confirmed that they had received my i600a (petition to adopt) application in their local office. But, I would need to send in the homestudy. I had sent the homestudy about 2 days after the i600a. Lucky me, that was Friday and since we federal employees enjoyed a holiday on Monday (thank you MLK), I would have to wait 4 days to contact the office. Tuesday rolls around and during lunch I decided to call. Only the letter that I'd placed in my purse was no longer there so I jumped on the net to find the info. Nothing has been super smooth sailing in this process. All the info for my local office in Des Moines is there but not the phone number. So I call the national # and get put on hold. So I set my phone to speaker phone, set it down and grab lunch. Some time later I talk to a woman who tells me I have to email my local office. Okay. Go back to my desk quick and send the email.

Today I get a reply. They did in fact receive my homestudy TODAY and lovely Amy would be checking it over to see if I needed to fix or add anything.

Here's to hoping and praying that it will go smoothly from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how on earth you got through to a rep on the USCIS #. I have never been successful! :)

    ReplyDelete