Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What an Experience

Yesterday I read on Janel's blog about how God perfectly orchestrated them seeing the homecoming of a family who'd just adopted. It was so cool and I was a bit emotional reading that. I'll never forget the day that I picked up my Pastor and his family at the airport when they brought their daughter home from China.

Today, I had an experience similar to Janel's. Just 30 minutes ago I was driving through town with my boss on our way back to the office from a meeting. As we passed the court house I saw a group of people with baloons. There were several children around and I thought it was sweet that someone got baloons for their birthday. As I paid closer attention I saw so much more than birthday baloons. My boss noticed it as well and questioned what the balloons were for. About that time it hit me that a family had likely just finished their re adoption process at the court house. I explained that to my boss and he acknowledged that it made since considering the family that was out there is the family in town who adopted from Ethiopia recently.

A bit of emotion welled up inside of me as I thought through their day for them and could imagine the picture they took with the judge, the celebration in their family and how other family had gathered around. Like Janel, I was scheduled to be done with a meeting early and would have totally missed it but happened to drive through at just the right time. Thank you Jesus for such a simple but precious gift.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome how God continually presses His work into our hearts!

    ReplyDelete