Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fill A Need?

I just read a friend's blog where she gave a brief update about their adoption. There is a great need that I think we can meet but let me give you a little background.

About a Child facilitates adoptions in Ghana. Their connection is through a local Pastor. He's doing amazing things for God as he meets children in need of a family and connects them to families. In the recent months (Janel, correct my where needed on this story) the Pastor's office was broken into. Of the items stolen, his laptop was inlcuded in that. As the Pastor seeks to communicate with various villages about the children in need, there are a few critical tools he needs. One is a lap top. The other is a motorcycle. If he had these two items, he would be better equipped to visit the villages and communicate back with the adoption agency and families.

It sounds so simple doesn't it. It is. In America. Unfortunately this need is in Ghana and its not so simple there. I mentioned to Janel that we should pray for those specific items (something I learned to do again while in Mexico). As I take time to pray for these items, I also wanted to ask if you would be able to help fill a need. How many of us use a computer for 3 years only to determine its too old and too slow and get a new one? In fact, I read a friends blog today where she mentioned that very issue. Because we're not in Ghana, gifting an actual motorcycle might be difficult but a lap top might be easier to send over. Would you pray with me? Would you let me know if you can donate a lap top or a financial gift for this ministry?

No comments:

Post a Comment