Saturday, January 19, 2013

8 weeks or so

If you follow my personal blog, tam4buit, you'll know that I've been fighting some health issues.  That means I haven't had a lot of energy to do much around the house, or any fundraising for Ethiopia.  But, we're in crunch time and I really need to hop to it.

This past week, I've been making some connections with people in and around Soddo, adoptive families, and other organizations interested in helping widows and orphans.  It's been a great week of information gathering and connecting the dots.

If you're interested in donating online towards our trip, you can follow this link. It is REAL IMPORTANT that you put ET130301T Tamara B in the memo line or the donation won't go towards us.


With that said, I will be starting to make bead products again.  My sweet friend Nina says I need to branch out and do different things with the beads.  Oh golly, I'm really not all that creative.  But, I'll be seeing what I can come up with for new and improved bead products.


On a totally different and out of the blue note, that last sentence made me thing of babycakes products.  Have you seen them? These cool products are made by my adoption friend, Chrissy.  These are all natural products that are good for your skin and for Ethiopian kiddos' hair.  With my recent skin issues, I've been paying closer attention to the "lotion" I use.  Did you know that alcohol makes up the 3rd highest amount of stuff in my skin moisturizer.  Oh, but not babycakes stuff.  It's whipped up of all natural, organic, food grade products.  I recently put in an order and begged Chrissy to send it to me right away. I just know it would be much better than my alcohol-filled product.  If you check out Babycakes website, you'll find that it's more expensive than the stuff from wallyworld, but it lasts longer and isn't full of alcohol.  Thanks Chrissy for sharing your helpful products with all of us!


1 comment: