Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Union

While I've been kind of quiet on the blog, I've been busy in the background of life.  A while back I met with a feature writer of the local paper about a greenhouse project on the elementary campus.  He learned of my work in Ethiopia and asked for an interview about that.  The result was an article in The Union's Christmas segment where they focus on people serving others. 
 
I'm quite thankful for Rich taking the time to meet with me and allow me to critique his article.  I must also say that there's one line in the article that really, REALLY bothers me.  I asked for it to be taken out multiple times but they didn't listen to that suggestion.  So when you read the line "she sleeps well at night...", please know that was creative license.  I don't sleep well at night because of the few people we've been able to impact.  It's not a proud thing.  In fact, my heart aches for the many, many people in the same situation who we pass on the road and never get to impact.  It's for those people that we continue to raise money for the crops program (and others) to reach those people.
 
If the print is too hard to read, you might have to save it and then view it as a jpg.
 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment