Thursday, October 13, 2011

Getting Ready

Like all of you, I'm a busy momma.  And I think several times throughout each day about a blog post.  But I never get it done.  Kinda like cleaning my house lately.  But, it's really fund and important for me to share with you about what's going on with my upcoming trip.  So, here's a few things you might like to know:
 
1. FOVC hit their $30,000 fundraiser mark for the Feed Hope relief project.  But, just because they raised the $30k and just because the fundraiser is officially finishing up, doesn't mean there isn't a great need there.  The $30k will feed lots of people but there a lots more that won't be fed.  My point here is that while I'm super thankful for the many who gave, if any of you still want to give on behalf of the families in and around Shanto, you can mail the check to my house and I'll hand carry the money to Ethiopia.  And it will go towards feeding people.  100% of it.
 
2. Last weekend I put 998 miles on my old minivan.  Friday, the two littles and I headed down to a cute college town to visit SemiFeralMama, one of my travel buddies.  Our kids played together while us adults chased the kids and chatted some (first pic).  It was good to see them again.  Saturday afternoon SFM and I left her cute college town and headed to a bigger city to the West to see CaptainMurdock, another of my adoption travel buddies.  They hosted yet another very successful fundraiser for FOVC's Feed Hope relief project.  Murdock's daughter whose super fancy secret blog identity I can't remember right now had her own little mini fundraiser too (pic 2).  Her heart was beyond precious!  The third pic is of some of the "shower" hosts counting out the generous donations.  You can read the details about it on Murdock's blog www.godwilladd.com
 
3. Did I mention that I suprised Murdock.  That was the fun part.  The other fun part was meeting some of Murdock's friends - some for the first time and some for a second time.  She picks good friends.  I loved them.
 
4. On our drive home, I was way to tired to stop and see friends so I continued on I-35 heading back home.  We left at 10am and got home by 840pm.  I guess we stopped a few different times and shopped and ate and shopped and ate some more.
 
5.  I really haven't made any necklaces lately.  I know some of you have asked about them.  I've made a few special orders I guess (pic 4).  I plan to make more necklaces but just haven't had the time, energy, or strength in my back.  I'll make some more in the near future.  Maybe on my flight to Ethiopia.
 
6. While I was on my little adventure South, my external hard drive started to crash.  It would connect, then stop.  It was wierd.  Well, it's done working all together now.  EVERYTHING is saved on there.  So, for my missions meeting on Tuesday night, I didn't have the stuff I needed.  For the the trip to Ethiopia in 8 days, there's stuff I need from my hard drive.  Grr.  To say it simply, I could really use for this hard drive to work next time I try.
 
7.  I leave in 8 days.  Our reading room is becoming piled with things to take: seeder, sponsor gifts, vitamins, feed hope shirts, a few medical things, and I don't remember what else.  Eventually I'll have to start organizing that.  Two of our team leave late Friday night/early saturday morning.  Joe and I leave next Friday.  Boy am I getting excited, even though I have a ton to do yet!
 
I thank God for how He allows me to be a little part of showing love to His people in Ethiopia.  I am also so thankful for my husband who is supportive of my never-ending need to be helping someone out.  But I'm not Wonder-Woman.  I get tired and cranky too.  So pray for me.  For strength and energy and patience.  Especially when it's Thursday and my babysitter doesn't work out and I have to leave bible study and my kids are naughty.  Oh that I can love like God loves.
 
More from me another day.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing surprise. Loved, loved, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so so great to meet you!! Have a super lovely trip and may God bless you while he uses you to bless others!

    Shiloh

    ReplyDelete