Monday, May 2, 2011

We met her one year ago

We met Judah's birthmomma. She's beautiful. It didn't go as I'd planned. It was my only chance to get some information for our son. It didn't go so well. I wish I would have showed her my camera with his pictures and video right away. It might have helped break the ice.

Did she trust us? Were we too much to bear? Did she feel obligated to meet us?

I've written her letters and never heard back.

Some day I hope to meet her again. I hope to build a relationship of trust with her. I love this woman. I pray for her - not near often enough. Maybe we'll meet again. After all, we will be in Ethiopia in the next month. One can hope, plan and pray, right?

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you're able to meet up with her. My trip to ET next month is still up in the air...and if I'm able to make it then I want to try to arrange another meeting with her...it's not like we're there every other weekend! Let me know what our agency is willing to work out with you...I haven't finalized anything yet because I don't know if there is anyone to watch the kids. Ack!

    ReplyDelete