Monday, May 9, 2011

Lightbulb went on

Today as I dug out my notes from the agriculture training I did in Nicaragua, I was reminded of how crazy and unorganized they were. How would I even begin to organize them? And then I remembered my friends, the Varlesi's, who I was in Nicaragua with. They went on to serve with YWAM and then did their own thing in Agriculture missions focused mainly in Mexico. They were just the people I wanted to talk to.

So, I messaged them on facebook. Jennine and I caught up for a bit IM-ing. Then I chatted with Marco over the phone. He knows this stuff. He's done it in a developing world. He has so much to offer, I'm sure. He gave me some basic thoughts and points to focus on. I agreed to send him an email with some of my thoughts of Ethiopian agriculture. He'll shoot some information back. I'm super excited about the role they will play in helping those in Ethiopia that I'll be serving.

Did I tell you that I recently heard from Desalegn. He informed me that I'll be teaching 8 widows with no experience, 10 existing model farmers, and 5 trainees who will go back and train their communities. Isn't that exciting!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Tamara - that is so exciting!!!! What an amazing God we serve that He would give you this opportunity to serve in Judah's homeland. I'm actually rather jealous. Can't wait to come to your house on the 4th & hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete