Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update of sorts

I spent all day in bed yesterday. It's a good thing to do when you've majorly jacked your back. I did the same thing last summer and it was miserable. I'm hoping because I jumped on meds right away this time that I will heal faster. Last time we tried everything and our next step was surgery. With a trip to Ethiopia in 10 weeks, I could definitely use your prayer on behalf of this disc that slipped in my lower back. God has been giving me daily affirmations of my trip. This is an attack from Satan. Pray with me that Satan will be bound from our Ethiopia team. Also pray that God, who can bring people back from the dead, will see fit to heal my back. Wednesday night Ryan twisted his ankle. You can pray for him too.

Other updates include:

  1. The group going to Ethiopia is called Team Tasfa. Tasfa translates to Hope in Amharic.
  2. The matching well-drilling project went well. What a challenge for Lory and Jo's families as you guys caused them to dig deep into their pockets.
  3. I updated the meters on the side which show where we're at in fundraising. Thank you to all who've supported us. If you still need to send your contribution, please do that ASAP. We have to have our tickets paid for by March 8th.
  4. Yesterday, I sent letters of support to seed companies in Iowa hoping/praying that they'll sponsor the seed money which has had little response.
  5. Got two books today. Maria mailed me "there's no me without you" to borrow. Our library in town borrowed "Foreign to familiar" from another library so we picked that up today. Better get to reading. I'm still looking for When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor by Brian Fikkert and steve Corbet and The Hospital by the River by Catherine Hamlin. If you're willing to share those, please let me know.

Okay, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment