Tuesday, March 29, 2011

There is No Me Without You

I'm just starting to read Melissa Fay Greene's book titled "There is No Me Without You". Just thought I'd share a few quotes that I've read:

  1. "when it rained they lay flat [on the sidewalk] and pulled a length of plastic over themselves and their baby" (pg14) when speaking of the life they made on the sidewalk.

  2. "the father had lost his only treasure, accepting , like a receipt, his son's forwarding address" (pg16)

  3. "I am deeply respectful of the families who care for our children. But I am so very interested in any help that can be given to us to keep the children's first parents alive." quoted in Nov 2005 by the head of Children's COmmission under Ethiopia's Ministry of Labor, the arbiter of intercountry adoptions. (pg 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment