Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tax Credit

The tax credit, as I understand it, is on the chopping block (and I'm not well versed in this at all). But, our adoption has not been finalized in the states so I should really, really pay attention to that. I just left the lawyers office today where we talked about finalizing in court. He told me it would take 30-45 days to get a court date. Do you think the tax refund will still be available for us? I'm tempted to find out who sets the court appointments and then beg them to squeeze us in this month. In addition to that, I'm certainly calling on the King of the universe to act in our behalf cause I'm sure He wants us to get the tax refund... so we can do another adoption!

2 comments:

  1. When we did it before we didn't need to be finalized to receive the tax credit...you can just get a specific tax ID number instead of a social security. That's what we're counting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying you get a court date yet this year. That'd be awesome! But somewhere I read that you can take the credit in the year it's finalized abroad OR the year finalized in the US. But I don't know how it works since he's not yet a US Citizen. That was the part confusing to us too. Maybe also consult a good tax person too.

    ReplyDelete