Friday, May 21, 2010

Recent Thoughts from an Article

I think it was a book review for "there's no me without you" but it's late and I'm not even sure if that's correct.  So, I'm trying to give credit but I'm likely mis-crediting.  Regardless, here's my thoughts from what I read:
 
When I read this: "adults are hard-wired to attach to wide-eyed, helpless babies; a fit-throwing non-English-speaking snarling Bulgarian four-year-old does not, at first glimpse, invite adoration..." I couldn't help but agree.  And then a previous thought hit me: what was my reason for adopting?  Was it to adore a child or to love a child?  Was it to feel warm fuzzies or to provide a loving family for a child in need. 
 
Surely this adoption process continues but certainly the big picture is the same.  Judah is in need of a loving family and a mommy who will pick him up and snuggle him closely even after he says he doesn't have to poop and proceeds to leave a stinky pile on the wood floor. 
 
Lord, would you help me to constantly remember to act in a loving manner and to extend lots of grace!  May no unedifying words come out of my mouth or thoughts come out of my heart.  As you continue to prune me and mold me as a parent, and your child, would I also remember that its necessary to be pruned to have a fruit harvest.


Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

2 comments:

  1. You're only slightly mis-crediting. :) It is from Melissa Fay Greene, but it's not from that book. It's an article that she wrote about post-adoption depression. :) Little Miss isn't using the toilet at all...I'd be happy with the occasional misplaced pile... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers for Judah and your family are constant and uplifted!

    ReplyDelete