Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hurry up and wait

I copied the following from the guidebook today. A fresh reminder that although some are getting court dates fairly quickly, I should not expect. I keep saying that the target dates are such-n-such but in my heart I'm hoping they're quicker. Maybe this will help me be patient in waiting.

Once a family has accepted the referral of a child and your dossier is received in Ethiopia, Holt's overseas staff will prepare the child and family information for submission to the Ethiopian Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA) who will schedule a court date with the High Court. Court dates are not scheduled based on the date in which a family accepts a child referral. Family court dates are scheduled at the discretion of the MOWA. While it is common for the first court date to be issued within 3 months of the time your dossier was received in Ethiopia, it is

very

common for adoption cases in Ethiopia to be re-scheduled one or more times. The court process can take up to 6 months in some cases to be completed. Families who are in contact with other families should not expect to have a court date scheduled in the order in which child referrals were accepted.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the referrals are just as quick as the court dates. ;)

    So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I keep saying it's going to be a long wait, but I can't quit hoping that we'll be one of those families that it happens almost immediately.

    ReplyDelete