Saturday, January 2, 2010

Raffle and more

Thanks to those who've spent their hard earned money to participate in our raffle. I'm anxious to see who wins the vacation package!

On another note, I've been not-so-patiently waiting to get the state certification paperwork for our notary signatures in the mail. I called them before Christmas and they said it would go out the next day. I still haven't received them. Since we'll be gone today when the mail arrives, I just might call our mail carrier (ah the benefits of living in a small town and having your friend be the mail carrier) and ask her if she can look when she puts my mail in the box. If I don't get the papers this weekend, I will be calling them on Monday! (side note: I get stuff from my state office which is in the same federal building all the time the NEXT day... certainly the holidays aren't slowing it down that much?!?!)

The kids are talking more about their brother, and about Ethiopia. Just a few minutes ago Scott said "mommy, I missed you when you were in Ethiopia". I shared with him that I've not gone to Et yet, but that he will miss me when I do go. I love my son!

We also had the opportunity to share pictures with a few friends and family the past week. It's fun for them to put a face with the name and the child that I hope they're praying for!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't kids funny? We went for a walk this morning and as we're walking about the neighborhood my 3 year old said, "Are we going to Ethiopia now?" I told him no and again, that he's not coming with us...

    ReplyDelete