Sunday, December 6, 2009

Name that little boy...

Ryan and I have spent only a few minutes talking about boy names. Just like when our first son was born, we don't agree on names. Ones he likes, I don't like. Names I like, he doesn't.

Got any good ideas for boy names? Keep in mind, our last name is long and not easy.

...as I sit here and type, Scott just got up from his nap and asked what I was typing. When I read the "got any good ideas" part, he informed me that he has a good one. I think his daddy is influencing him cause the name he suggested is the one his daddy likes. So much for being momma's boy!

3 comments:

  1. Eli, Ben, Samual, Jacob, Lucas, Rowan, Logan, Max...I can go on and on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Whenever I hear PAPs asking about names I like to share a few articles I wish someone had shared with me in the beginning. While I certainly don't agree with all the content on this blog I DO feel her perspective is still worth considering. Since our kids can't speak for themselves anything that might broaden our understanding of the adoptee experience is helpful.

    http://tinyurl.com/ygogh8g

    http://twicetherice.wordpress.com/2007/03/15/renaming-as-cultural-erasure/

    I thought, too, that I might share our naming journey as well. Nothing about naming our son was black and white- LOTS of gray:
    http://tinyurl.com/yjc2fnq

    Blessings for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- Just copy and paste the links (sorry, I don't know how to insert them so you can just click on them and go)

    ReplyDelete