Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homestudy visit #2

We met with our social worker again yesterday. We had a good little chat with him. We're done. As we left, our social worker caught us and remembered one more important thing.

Great!

The important thing he wanted to share: we passed!

I assumed so. In fact, I just figured we'd hear that eventually. He wanted to tell us in person. I really like our social worker.

Next step is that he'll write the homestudy, send to us to verify spelling and wording, then it goes to the national office for the Ethiopia staff to make sure it has all the correct info in it. After that is okay, the social worker will sign it and the homestudy is done!

2 comments:

  1. Home studies are intimidating. They asked how I discipline my kids and I said "I scream a lot I have teenagers." She said "oh". "Oh" what does that mean? We still have Sean so I gues it was "OH K" but you feel like you have to watch every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny carol. We had those moments too. Ryan said taht he deals with anger by leaving. I wanted him to clarify but was hushed by the SW. It was Ryan's question to answer, not mine. He did clarify that he leaves the situation, not the relationship but when he first said it, I thought "oh great".

    ReplyDelete