Monday, November 2, 2009

Dossier Prep and more

As we're getting ready for our first appointment with the social worker, there's not really a lot to do.  I promised my husband that I wouldn't be crazy trying to clean every little nook and cranny before the social worker comes.  Really, I shouldn't have to worry about having a perfectly kept house when 90% of the time, it's not perfectly kept.  Granted, things will be clean and normal but the leftovers from the auction are still in the dining room and our library room is still under construction. 
 
Since I've not been so focused on that, I've been using my time to work on gathering documentation for our dossier.  I've really appreciated all those involved who've jumped right at getting the forms done.  Of course, they pretty specific forms and so things haven't gone perfectly.  My employer didn't even notarize my employment form nor did they mention my life insurance benefit that they should have mentioned.  One of our banks got the letter done only I didn't think to inform them that the notary couldn't expire in the next 12 months.  Since their notary expires in February, they're re-doing our letter.  Hopefully the medical letters are done correctly and don't have to be re-done. 
 
I'm so thankful that we live and work in small rural towns where its not difficult to get those things fixed. 
 
On another note, I chatted with the midwest branch manager today and that was great to ask a few questions and get some answers.  Because of my desire to get siblings, I've questioned why I even look at the waiting child list.  In talking with "C" today, I learned that our chances of getting siblings is slim to none because of age ranges, etc.  She also informed me that they don't let people stay on the wait list for a while just to get siblings.  We share Holt's thoughts in that there are way too many single children that need homes to wait for siblings.  With that said, I have a variety of emotions: I'm bummed to know that we might not get siblings.  At the same time, I'm relieved to not have to come up with such a large chunk of money.  But on the other hand, we want multiple children which just means that we'll either have to adopt again (paperwork all over again and save $ all over again) or have more of our own.  Sad to say, having our own is so much less expensive and easier.  Glad to say that I still think adoption is such a wonderful option and one that I think I prefer. 
 
Anyway, things are moving forward and I'm thankful.  THis proves to be a FULL week with something every night (last minute hosting friends for supper who are in town for a funeral tonight, typical Tuesday night, Wed night hanging out with Ryan's uncle who's in town, Thursday is parent teacher conference and bible study, Friday is homestudy appt and having friends over for supper.)  I'll be glad for Saturday morning to come :)


Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment